Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My experice of being an linguistic

When I was a child, I was kept given the concept that English is an extremely important tool, which can be treated as the key to keep up with the pace of the 21st century. It seems that in my childhood period, the importance of English education has already been well realized in China, as we can see various English teaching institutions were being hold and gaining tremendously profits every year. Children are force to taking that kind of extra-curricular courses since parents are always hoping their child to “win in the start line”.

English has become a required course as soon as I enter middle school, thus if counted, I have already learned English for about 8 years. However, it is not until the time when I come to US did I truly realized the real meaning and importance of owning that skill. Recall the time I was in middle school and high school, for me, the only propose of learning English is just to cope with the exams and gain good grade.

However, for me, English has now become a daily necessity. But thinking my life here, the importance of English is not only the tool which help me live in this foreign country, and what is  more important, it has largely enhance my horizon of seeing this world! By owing the English literacy, I found amazingly that I have gain the ability to get access to information and materials from over the world, instead of only China. Now I could know things from hugely increased sources, and the ability to read English based website and newspaper make it possible to get access to the most authority talk and thought by people. I was surprised to find there can be totally different point of view even when describing the same event between Chinese article and the rest of the world.

Basically, being a linguistic is a great experience since not only I could gain another tool of communicate, but it is also a great enhancement of informatics source and give me the chance to know this world better.

No comments:

Post a Comment