Sunday, March 15, 2009

computer literacy


Literacy is definitioned by the meaning of the ability of understanding, interpreting and creating everything that carries meanings. When being asked what kind of literacy do I have, the first one that come into my mind is the computer. But why is so? Just have a look at my single day of life: getting up in the early morning, the first thing I will do is to switch on my laptop, check the email, look at morning news, and check face book to see if there is something new happened among my friends. Then when taking the whole day of classes, I also carry my laptop. I would like to do this because taking notes on laptop is far more efficient and clear. Using laptop, I can also look at PPT without having to seat in front of the classroom to get a clear look at the screen.when finishing classes, I spent the rest hours of the day surfing Internet, using Microsoft-office software to do my homework and chatting online.So how could I imagine a day to survive without the help of computer? And I believed the situation is just as same as mine for the whole modern society. Especially for our generation, computer is just like a daily necessity we use and it also act as a platform connecting the whole global world. As for me, I go shopping, get connect with my family and do almost everything one can imagine on Internet. To keep up the pace of world where globalization accelerating in a fascinating speed, the master of computer literacy is not a additional skill but a basic requirement. However, the well proficiency in computer may also be treated as an asset, since employers are more willing to hire individual who can use computer helping their company runs in a cheaper and faster way. I take computer class since middle school, and still working hard to improve it. The well up in Microsoft-office software and surfing information ability help me a lot in both academic study and daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment